Photo in Japan

This blog is a class project for my "Visual Anthropology" class; as such it is for educational purpose only. All photos posted here are taken by the blog author unless otherwise noted. If any problem with the posting of a particular photo is brought to my attention, I will earnestly reviwe the problem and remove the photo if necessary.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Changing Impression




Before I took this lecture, I didn’t interest in own culture so much. I also didn’t have enough knowledge about my country. When a foreigner asked a question of something strange Japanese culture, I always replied vague answer. I didn’t research well about Japanese culture because I am in there now. I misunderstood that I know everything my culture. I think I did research well only for homework. But now, I realized Japan is very strange country comparison with foreign countries. I felt so through the class. Japan is strange but here is so beautiful country. Peculiar flowers in Japan have atmosphere to fascinate many people and comfort. I didn’t realize its attraction before.

First photograph is at Kyoto Fuji Festival. Every year in this season, its flower always come out. Japanese playing card (花札) has its picture. When I went to the festival I felt comfort than before.
As you know second photograph is a cherry blossom. This is a symbol of Japan. In 1912 a president of Tokyo send its to Washington D.C. for both friendship.
Recently, I try to close pay attention to own country. I consider I must experience Japanese culture more than before, though I am Japanese. Before I leave Japan, I would like to do it and take photographs of Japan.
You can read this page in English about Washington D.C. cherry brrosom informaton in detail. http://aranishi.hobby-web.net/3web_ara/sakura.htm


2 Comments:

  • At May 20, 2009 at 8:43 PM , Blogger visual gonthros said...

    There might be strange things in Japan, and every other country for that matter, but Japan itslef isn't strange. It is... Japan. But I am glad you were able to see your own culture from other perspectives.

     
  • At May 21, 2009 at 7:56 PM , Blogger Los recuerdos de Juan said...

    pikachu!! im a guy from argentine and living in tokyo since 4 years ago. this is really weird but one of my friends from argentine show me your flog, so i get here and read all your articles, very interesting. I feel what you fell!! sushi restaurant with chinese stuffs....english in the T-shirts...people goes to temple but they dont have religion......very crazy world here, right?
    so keep it going and write a lot!!
    i dont know if u use MSN Messenger but if yes, add me! jcarrera01@hotmail.com

    the best!
    Juan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.