Photo in Japan

This blog is a class project for my "Visual Anthropology" class; as such it is for educational purpose only. All photos posted here are taken by the blog author unless otherwise noted. If any problem with the posting of a particular photo is brought to my attention, I will earnestly reviwe the problem and remove the photo if necessary.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Japanese people

I have been living in Japan for 20 years since I was born. But I am often surprised by caracteristic culuture. I also experience traditional events in Japan for the first time. Third topic is about Japanese people, I would like to show pictures of traditional things. These are very important events for Japanese.













First picture was taken at a store on Decenber 31th. People who are in the picture are my gradfather, my father and mother. They chose Mochi which was made by rice callde "rice cake" in English. It's necessary to eat for New Year. Mochi is happy foods. There many anecdotes about Mochi. For instance, a culture that was called "Hagatame"(歯固め) was brought from China in 8 centurys. That means using Mochi for making strong teeth on New Year. So, we eat Mochi on New Year. Another example is Mochi's shape. Its shape is alike human heart. So acient people desired to regenerattion of life. Above explantions are like topic is about Mochi, but the most important thing in this picture is what they were talking. They were argued about which Moshi is the best to eat. So, Mochi is very imprtant traditional food for Japanese.







Second, recently I became 20 years old. I went to 20 year-old ceremony on January 3rd. i think it was the best event for me. To wear Kimono was first time for me. Additionaly, I attended alumni association. Most Japanese 20 year-old people experience this ceremony. This picture is very facinated, isn't it?


This web is about a book of relationship between Japanese and Mochi. If you have a interest, please read it^^http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E9%A4%85%E3%81%A8%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E4%BA%BA%E2%80%95%E3%80%8C%E9%A4%85%E6%AD%A3%E6%9C%88%E3%80%8D%E3%81%A8%E3%80%8C%E9%A4%85%E3%81%AA%E3%81%97%E6%AD%A3%E6%9C%88%E3%80%8D%E3%81%AE%E6%B0%91%E4%BF%97%E6%96%87%E5%8C%96%E8%AB%96-%E5%AE%89%E5%AE%A4-%E7%9F%A5/dp/4639016549






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.