Photo in Japan

This blog is a class project for my "Visual Anthropology" class; as such it is for educational purpose only. All photos posted here are taken by the blog author unless otherwise noted. If any problem with the posting of a particular photo is brought to my attention, I will earnestly reviwe the problem and remove the photo if necessary.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Neighborhood Hirakata

Today's topic is neighborhood in Hirakata. I had many close neighbors in my hometown. But now, in Hirakata I only have one old woman in front of my apartment. What is difference from before and after? I think the difference is the way of living in town. I live at apartment now. So my neighbors might think that I suddenly came to this town and went to back somewhere sometime. I'm same as a foreigner for them in this town. I spent my life with neighbors before in my town because I lived a house.












This picture is a bike parking. In this parking, old persons work who are retired persons. The job system can support their pension because they can earn extra money. And employees can come to the working place by bicycle. They must live near from the parking. So I can park my bicycle safety because they are like a guard. They of course live in Hirakata. User of course live in Hirakata, too. So I can feel conection with neighbors. Actually, I meet acquaintances by chance in the parking.








This is a blackboard of advertisement for neighbors. A representatrive pastes ad. on it to inform us, for example, the day of a garbage truck, festival in this town and meeting. We can get event imformention from here! Most of towns have this blackboad. If you look at this board in summer, you may get information of a summer festival or a high school festival. If you find this board in your city, please check it. It's very useful and interesting. By the way this picture says the day of collecting waste articles.

1 Comments:

  • At April 5, 2009 at 7:49 PM , Blogger visual gonthros said...

    How long have you lived in Hirakata? Do you feel like part of the community or do you feel like you are one of the temporary international students? It would be interesting to read about the difference between living in a house and living in an apartment as far as neighborhood interaction goes.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.