Photo in Japan

This blog is a class project for my "Visual Anthropology" class; as such it is for educational purpose only. All photos posted here are taken by the blog author unless otherwise noted. If any problem with the posting of a particular photo is brought to my attention, I will earnestly reviwe the problem and remove the photo if necessary.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Japanese pop culture

Today's topic is "Japanese pop culture". I know lots of Japanese tradition or culture. But I don't know Japanese "pop" culture. This topic makes me confuse. So I took pictures of "modern" Japanese culture. Does it have different meaning "pop" and "modern"...!?






First picture is my favorite an amusement park which is called Game center(ゲームセンター). This is also located with the first line. It is different from パチンコ. In パチンコ, we can exchange profit to money, but in Game center, we just have fun to waste money. You must have fun!! Peaple from young to old usually use this amusement park. You can feel strange atmoaphere there.





Second picture is a humburger steak restaurant. Some foreign students may know this restaurant already. The appearance is very amazing! I misunderstood this building was also amusement park or something when I found it. Acutually, it was a restaurant. I sometime go to there to have dinner because it's very cheap! It is for young or family. This restaurant is multiple store. The first line has two this restaurants. Every this restaurant has like that appearance. We can clearly understand strategy of this store from this appearance, it must be for young or family. In Japan, there many strange building to aim at an specific age bracket.



You can see other びっくりドンキー's pictures from this link.http://portal.nifty.com/2008/12/15/b/



1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.